Thursday 9 February 2012

Prayer changes things

Like me, you may doubt at times that your prayers mean anything.  Is God listening?  Is he acting? Is praying worthwhile?

When that happens in my life, I go back to the Bible.  I think about Jesus who prayed regularly, seeking the Father's guidance and the power and strength of the Holy Spirit for his mission of preaching, teaching, and healing.  If Jesus felt prayer was vital, shouldn't I?

And the apostle James said: "You do not have, because you do not ask God." (James 4:2)  James knew that God works through our prayers.

Recently, I came across a brief three-minute video by the renowned preacher, pastor, theologian and author John Piper who said it all far more passionately and memorably than I could.  Check out what he said here:


As Piper says, prayer changes things.


No comments:

Post a Comment